Did you know, your body is made up of 60% water and you cannot live without it. There are many tips and tricks out there, but here are 15 quick and easy ways to help you increase your water intake:
- Buy a leak proof water bottle and carry it around with you.
- Don’t like the taste? Infuse it! My favorite is lemon but click here for creative ways to improve the taste of your water
- Determine how many glasses or bottles of water you need to drink and wear that number of elastic bands around your wrist. Every time you finish the glass/bottle then take off the elastic (or switch wrists).
- Keep track of your water intake:
- Download an App on your phone or wearable (if applicable)
- Make a tally sheet at your desk
- Create a challenge in the office
- Set an alarm
- Drink a glass of water before every meal
- Buy a 2L (or bigger) bottle and fill it up in the morning and don’t go to sleep until it’s empty
- Make it a habit. Drink water when before you do common tasks that are already a habit, such as brushing your teeth, or directly after you use the bathroom
- Go to the gym. When you workout, you sweat. When you sweat, you get thirsty!
- Pour a glass of water as soon as you get home and leave it on the counter where you can see it
- Have water on your desk at work at all times
- Take your water bottle out of your bag and put it in the cup holder while you are driving
- Have water during your meetings
- Eat water based foods, such as cucumber, watermelon and grapefruit
Don’t stress yourself out if the day is almost over and you have yet to drink any water. Let’s simply aim to become better than yesterday.
Cheers and happy hydrating.
Comment below if you have any other tips or want to share your favorite one from the list!
Your lifestyle tour guide,
Girl on Fiber